I’m writing this from the comfort of my bedroom - which means no more internet café (yay!). This also means I should be better at keeping in contact, so please do keep emailing/facebooking me and I can now also use Skype (helen.chesters1), it would be great to hear from you!
So, I’m not so good at this blogging thing, I must try to write more often to avoid writing so much at once. I will update you a bit on what I’ve been doing. (I’ve included pictures this time, that should help a bit!)
I’m on school holidays now, until Friday, since I don’t work Wednesdays or Thursdays. There is plenty of lesson planning to be doing, as well as writing a proposal for my uni project, but I’ve had a bit of time to see more of France.
Last Sunday, I travelled to Annecy (quite a bit further south of here) to meet up with Chloe (a uni friend and fellow assistant). It’s a really beautiful place, with canals running throughout and a huge lake surrounded by snow-topped mountains. (As you can see from my photos) We did lots of walking and ate lots of lovely food, even did a bit of shopping. Unfortunately, I think this trip will be probably most remembered by us for the journey home on Wednesday...
It’s a bit of a long story, but here’s my attempt to shorten it. We had to take a coach between Annecy and Lyon for our journey home, which was already a problem because there were so many people and not enough seats on the coach. We made it though. But when we got to Lyon, Chloe’s suitcase was no longer where she had left it in coach’s luggage department. After much queuing at the station’s welcome area we established that it was still in Annecy and we’d need to go back to get it. Unfortunately the story doesn’t end there… Chloe had locked her case, but it was unlocked when she got it back and her laptop and various chargers and a UK adaptor were all missing. We think that they must have been stolen, so we had to visit the police station so she could get a report for insurance purposes. So we are still none the wiser as to why her case didn’t stay in the luggage hold all the way to Lyon, but when we did eventually leave on Friday (after again much shoving to get on to a coach!) both Chloe and her suitcase made the full journey home!
What an adventure! Nevertheless, we did both realise that we know enough French to deal with this, and Annecy is still very beautiful. I hope future travelling experiences will be less stressful!
Tomorrow night I’ve been invited out for another meal with the GBU (Christian Union) at the pastor’s house which will be lovely. I will be attempting to make microwave flapjack to take with me. I’m at a bit of a loss since I don’t have an oven, but I won’t let that stop me baking!
With love from France x
No comments:
Post a Comment